How to lose weight in 6 months.

 

How to lose weight in 6 months, according to this guy who lost 30 kg by following this healthy plan


How to lose weight in 6 months.


To be able to lose weight in a sustainable manner, you need to keep two things in mind. 1. Healthy eating and 2. healthy living. You cannot binge-eat the whole day and then barely break a sweat on the treadmill and believe that you are going to see a difference on the weighing scale. The key is to strike a balance between the two, like 24-year-old Ujjwal Beriwal did to lose 30 kg in 6-7 months and trim from 102 kg to 72 kg.

Says Ujjwal, “I was an overweight child but the idea of losing weight crossed my mind multiple times as a teenager. I was 19 when the first wave of motivation to lose weight actually hit me. I ended up losing 10-12 kg during the first year of my college. This initial weight loss helped me gain a lot of confidence. But it was short lived as I ended up gaining more weight that I had lost in the final year of college. And, to make matters worse, my post-college CA internship only had me sitting in front of a screen for very long hours, eating and sleeping."

“I am also a thyroid patient and would always reason my obesity as a natural side effect to my thyroid. But my doctor pointed out to me that the extra fat I am carrying in my body will lead to a lot of problems in the future," he adds. "This one statement coupled with the fact that I actually missed my younger, more confident self-led me to bid adieu to the excess weight by following the below healthy diet plan and workout routine.”

Healthy diet plan to follow to lose weight -

"I started saying a big fat no to oily/junk foods. I wouldn't say I started to ignore party invitations or social gatherings to be able to do this, but I tried to limit myself to 1 unhealthy meal per 2 weeks."

“Talking about meals, I also switched to eating healthier and started following this diet plan:”

Breakfast: Dal/Vegetables + 1 chapati + calad

Lunch: A glass of juice and a banana

Evening snacks: 1 egg omelette/boiled chicken

Dinner: Salad/Fruits and a bowl of dal

“I also ensured that I kept myself hydrated throughout the day, and worked out 5-6 days a week in accordance with the below exercise regime.”

QUICK READ: This is how much water you should actually drink

Exercise regime to follow to lose weight -

“My workout routine comprised cardio and weight training in the gym or going for a dance session (Bhangra/Bollywood) 5-6 days of week. Each day’s routine would be varied and on days when I didn’t feel like going to the gym, I’d walk or jog. I actually still follow this routine. It has worked wonders for me.”

QUICK READ: 5 ways to lose weight by walking with these effective, easy-to-do health tricks

Disclaimer: The diet and workout routines shared by the respondents may or may not be approved by diet and fitness experts. GQ India doesn't encourage or endorse the weight loss tips & tricks shared by the person in the article. Please consult an authorised medical professional before following any specific diet or workout routine mentioned above.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.